Just a push of a button from lying in bed or sitting on the lounge with a remote or home automation. Easily manage light, glare, and privacy in your home without having to move. This is possible with motorised curtains.
- Curtain motors are designed to be sleek and discrete, eliminating the need for traditional curtain rods and bulky hardware.
- With the ability to be installed to the ceiling, Somfy motorised curtain tracks are virtually invisible. The fabric covers the motor and nothing is visible.
- When planning your motorised curtain at building stage, it's best to have the “stack side” of the curtain, the same side as the motor is. This helps hide the motor.
- Less Wear and Tear - Since motorised curtain operation removes the need to be “hands-on” your curtains, will have less wear and tear on fabrics and hardware. This allows your curtain fabrics to retain their crisp, clean, and elegant appeal much longer than the manual curtain system.
- Home automation systems can be easily used with a motorised curtain, including voice activation.
- Motorised curtains can be made on curved tracks, however, they are only able to stack to one side.
- There are 2 options for the motors - hardwired (electrician required). At Premier Shades we can organise a Somfy electrician (by quoting and organising for you) or battery operated motorised curtains that require recharging every 3-6 months like a mobile phone, depending on use.