PVC Thermopoly Shutters - Central Coast & Hornsby
- Painted PVC Plantation Shutters with a huge range of colours including 5 shades of white and many other colours.
- 64mm, 89mm & 114mm shutter blade sizes available depending on the depth of your window.
- Ideal for wet areas like bathrooms and kitchens.
- Can be made as hinged operation with a choice of colours.
- Can be made as framed or unframed at no extra cost.
- Can be made as bi-fold operation or sliding. Ideal for sliding doors or larger areas.
- Can be custom paint colour for a minimal surcharge - any colour from the Dulux colour chart range is available.
- Excellent insulation saving you on energy costs.
- Filtering of local noise.
- Adds street appeal and aesthetics to your home.
- Easy light and breeze control.
- A variety of frames available to suit most window types.
- Plantation Shutters can be fitted on the face or reveal of a window.
- Up to 900mm wide per shutter panel custom made to your window. Unlimited Panels.
- PVC Thermopoly shutters are versatile for any room and ideal for wet areas such as the bathroom and kitchen.
- Panels can be joined together for a larger sliding panel. Up to 1700mm wide.
- Minimum 230mm wide panels.
- Maximum height 2400mm.
- 10-12 week lead time.
- Custom made to your exact window measurements.
- 2nd check measure always done to reduce errors and wait time.
- Order confirmed in writing.
- Clear written warranty terms.
- Extended warranty terms honoured through Premier Shades and repairs done locally.
- Plantation Shutters are perfect for Bay Windows and have special frames to make them fit perfectly.
How much does it cost for Plantation Shutters in Central Coast?
Make no mistake. Plantation Shutters add value to your home. Frequently mentioned in advertising by real estate agents as a feature of homes, they are a premium product that can be a fantastic insulator in both Summer and Winter.
There are some companies that advertise a square metre price on shutters to hook you in. Apart from obvious quality and brand variables there are other costs involved including installation, certain framing, tracking and access. A decent quality plantation shutter can cost between $400 and $500 a square metre installed.
Make no mistake. There are plantation shutters advertised for $250 a square metre. Be careful. There are huge quality variances in Shutters. Particularly PVC. These are the ones we replace a year or two later. Some of the really cheap ones are not treated with UV protection (which you think would be obvious for something that is going to be sitting in a window). Some are hollow and made of inferior quality materials or even MDF. A karate chop from a playful child and the shutter louvre is ruined. Some are brought in from overseas and then glued together. The first sign of a hot Summers day or a window that faces the hot western afternoon sun and the shutters may yellow, or warp. Some plantation shutters are not coated properly and use inferior paint that has harmful VOCs emitting from them.
If you are serious about plantation shutters adding value to your home it is best to get an on site inspection and quote. They are one of the more expensive window furnishing and you want to get it right.
Can I install Shutters over my glass sliding door?
Yes. But you have a few choices to make for your plantation shutters. Sliding shutters move along on a track. The track can carry the weight on the bottom or the top. (we prefer it to hold it on the bottom, but its your choice). The type of track will depend on your floor covering. Will it be going on carpet or a hard floor? There are different options for both.
The next choice you need to make is how many panels you would like sliding across. Most of our customers choose two tracks and slide the shutter panels along. However if your sliding door opening is extra wide, the panels may not be wide enough as many panels having a maximum width of 900mm. We have options around this and can discuss it with you on site.
The last choice is how you would like the shutter blades to be when you open and close the shutter. Would you like the shutter louvre blades to be in the open position or the closed position when you slide the shutters open and closed.
If the blades are in the close position then the plantation shutters will protrude less into the room. However, you need to remember to close the shutter louvres every time you want to open and close the shutter. This can be a little tricky with young children around. We have a sliding shutter configuration on display in our Central Coast Showroom and can show you how that works.
Where are the Shutters Made?
Most PVC synthetic shutters are imported. Shutters are a labour intensive product and the Australian made ones can often add up to double the cost.
However, there are definitely good and bad quality brands of imported plantation shutters. Premier Shades has access to a competitively priced Australian made aluminium shutters as well as various brands of imported basswood, painted Basswood, PVC, synthetic, and cedar plantation shutters. We have many of them on display in in our showroom at Wyoming and Hornsby.
We have access to a great range of Australian made synthetic and aluminium plantation shutters. for our customers. Some are sourced from Queensland and others from Newcastle.
As an independent business (we are not part of any franchise or chain) we can buy whatever brand or quality we want for our customers. We have access to many brands and qualities and have found very reliable imported shutter products and companies to deal with. Our staff attend regular training in the latest trends in shutters and our customers often remark to us that we were the only ones who seemed to know what is going on.
Why Choose a PVC Synthetic Shutter over a Wooden Shutter?
- Synthetic PVC Shutters are ideal for wet areas. Particularly kitchens and Bathrooms.
- Many synthetic PVC plantation shutters have extended warranties up to 25 years (timber is usually around 5 years).
- Some PVC Synthetic Window Shutters are cheaper than Timber, but be careful! There are serious quality issues on some (see below).
Is there better Quality PVC Synthetic Window Shutters?
Some of the cheaper PVC Shutters are not coated in the correct UV stabiliser to withstand hot windows. They may warp or yellow in the hot sun.
Some competitors and carpet companies are locked into just one brand, so beware if they tell you all PVC Shutters are the same - they're not.
Beware, plantation shutters sold by out of area and out of mobile vans. We've heard terrible stories of bad quality and no back up services, even if they have a glossy brochure and van.
At Premier Shades we mainly supply a premium PVC Synthetic Plantation Shutters and have had very few issues with quality.
At Premier Shades we can also get access to cheaper PVC Plantation Shutters.
If price is your main consideration, we will advice you the pro's and con's of each product so you can decide.
Often the cheaper PVC has limited width capacity. You may need more shutter panels to fit your window. Just check with us first.
We have many of the PVC Plantation Shutters on display in our showroom,
They are displayed in either panels or actually fitted to windows. Come take a look and compare the difference.
10 Reasons to choose Premier Shades for your Shutter purchase;
- Established over 20 years and considered the local experts in the business. If something goes wrong, they are around to fix it.
- Offer a no fuss warranty and back up service in writing.
- Have the correct insurances, police checks, and abide by consumer law and the industry code of ethics.
- The team at Premier Shades have regular "Shutter" training. They know latest styles, and techniques to make your job go smoothly.
- Premier Shades offer no interest ever finance via Certegy Finance. They also take Visa, Mastercard and American Express with no fees.
- Premier Shades give firm lead times "in writing" and if something is going to delay that time frame they will always update you.
- Premier Shades is a local independent business. They are not locked into any one brand or material. They will discuss your needs and work out what product is best for you.
- They put the quote in writing, outlining the type of Shutter you are getting and any other details you discussed.
- They have the biggest showroom on the Central Coast. They specialise in Shutters and have many on display. They are open 5 ½ days a week.
- They have a team of expert installers that specialise in Shutter installation.
What Premier Shades customers say about our Shutters.....
"We would like to pass on our appreciation to you for the efficient and friendly service provided by your staff in fulfilling our order for plantation shutters for the whole house. the guys who installed the plantation shutters were courteous and professional and completed the work within 4 hours. Would happily recommend your business to anyone considering such a purchase"
Dave and Rachel | Woongarrah
"Thank you for the card and yes I am very pleased indeed with my plantation shutters, they have transformed the look of our house and rooms seem larger and lighter. We have had a lot of favourable comments too from the neighbours.
I would also like to thank the team at Premier for their excellent service from the quoting, measuring and fitting, we look forward to doing business again if we decide to get something else done"
Tina and Colin | Bateau Bay
"Professional, knowledgeable, reasonably priced. A pleasure to do business with."
Lucinda | Avoca Beach
"Would just like to thank all at Premier Shades for the professional service and quality Plantation shutters which you recently installed. The shop staff were especially helpful and knowledgeable, even taking the time to provide us with an on the spot estimate.The installer, Brian, was courteous, professional and very competent and we are so pleased with the finished product......excellent all round.
Phil and Katy | Green Point
"A belated 'thank you' Premier Shades for the great job you did with our shutters & blinds. You have given our home a whole new look with which we are extremely happy. The customer service you provided throughout the whole process was great and your after service is excellent. Have already recommended you to others and will continue to do so."
Leah Turner | Bateau Bay
"I had pretty big windows and that had odd corners. We had just moved into a new house and they had old verticals in there. The shutters have really made a difference. I'm noticing the have given us a lot more privacy and insulation and all my friends and new neighbours have noticed how much better the house looks. Premier Shades was easy to deal with and let me do finance to pay it off"
Jessica H | Woy Woy
"Good price; not the cheapest but you get what you pay for and I got a lot. The fit up is excellent; courteous staff/ spot on tradesman and very well mannered. Installed on time not one ounce of trouble ... well done Premier Shades !! I would definitely recommend them"
R. Cook | Ourimbah
"Thank you Premier Shades, we just love our beautiful Plantation Shutters.
From the measure/quote, to the installation, everything was done brilliantly. Jim and Sharon provided the quote and measure and gave us very helpful advice on products along the way. Brian installed the shutters - he was very professional and respectful of our new house and did a fantastic job. It's great to see a local Aussie company being a leading industry specialist. Premier Shades are very much client focused - ensuring a positive outcome and great customer service.
Thank you for making the whole experience so easy from start to finish. I would not hesitate to recommend your company to family and friends"
M & L OBrien | Wamberal